Master of Art in Art Therapy
Our program aligns with the curriculum guidelines of the American Art Therapy Association
This unique studio-based M.A. in Art Therapy program—the first of its kind in the Lehigh Valley—will prime you for a career that incorporates your passion for art with your compassion for people.
Designed to meet the Educational Standards of the American Art Therapy Association, our program will educate you on theory and techniques through art media that promote emotional, psychological, and spiritual growth. The Cedar Crest College M.A. in Art Therapy is committed to an arts-based learning process that will help you:
- Integrate theories of art therapy and psychology within a studio model of treatment.
- Develop essential art therapy skills and techniques that can be utilized within a variety of settings.
- Learn independently, think critically, and develop your personal vision and goals as an art therapist.
- Become part of a learning community that provides foundations for ongoing professional relationships.
- CURRICULUM that aligns with the guidelines of the American Art Therapy Association and fulfills current Art Therapy Credentials Board Registration (ATR) and Certification (BC) guidelines
- CREDENTIALED faculty who are practicing in the field. Courses are taught by registered and board-certified art therapists, psychology professionals, and practicing studio artists.
- ART STUDIO FACILITIES in book arts, ceramics, illustration, jewelry and metalsmithing, painting, papermaking, printed image, and sculpture.