Interns that choose the Remote/Distance Track are responsible for securing their own rotation sites and preceptors for all supervised practice experiences. (See How to Select A Facility and Preceptor) This allows interns the opportunity to design a rotation schedule that aligns with their professional goals and begin making contacts in the community of their choice.
Interns will only have to travel to Cedar Crest College once to complete a one week orientation on campus (typically scheduled in July right before the internship begins)
NOTE: Cedar Crest College cannot currently support supervised practice rotations in Massachusetts and California.
Online Master’s In Nutrition
During the internship, remote/distance interns will earn 12 graduate credits that can transfer to Cedar Crest College’s ONLINE graduate program (Master’s in Nutrition).
Online classes include:
- 3 credits: Medical Nutrition Therapy
- 3 credits: Food Service Management
- 3 credits: Community Nutrition
- 3 credits: Diabetes and Community Concentration
Distance track interns have the option of dual enrollment in the Dietetic Internship and Cedar Crest College’s ONLINE graduate program (Master’s in Nutrition) degree.
Distance track Interns who choose dual enrollment, will be required to take 6 additional graduate credits during their internship totaling 18 graduate credits.
Additional Online classes include:
- 3 credits: Cultural Competency and Ethics In Health
- 3 credits: Health Policy and Advocacy
NOTE: Students will have full time graduate status during the DI for financial aid assistance.
- Once you have completed the Dietetic Internship, you can finish your Master’s in Nutrition ONLINE at Cedar Crest College at a 20% discounted rate with continues enrollment.
- Masters application will be completed after Match Notification Day.
- How to Select a Facility and Preceptor
- 2018-2019 Dietetic Internship Rotation Schedule
- 2017-2018 CCC DI Student Handbook (will be updated June 2018)
- www.medicare.gov (search hospital and nursing homes in your target area)
- Clinical Rotation Description
- Community Rotation Description
- Food Service Management Rotation Description
Please see How to Apply/Distance Track