How to Apply/Onsite Track
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with Verification of Completion of the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) or the Intent to Complete form from an accredited DPD
- Verification of completion of the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) dated no more than 5 years prior to application or the Intent to Complete form from an accredited DPD (Note: If you received your degree in nutrition from Cedar Crest, earning a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, you have fulfilled this requirement.)
- GPA of 3.0 or above for both DPD and overall GPA
- Two semesters of medical nutrition therapy coursework completed no more than four years prior to application
- A biochemistry course completed no more than five years prior to application
- GRE is not required.
The Cedar Crest College DI participates in the Spring DICAS Match annually. Be sure to connect with your DPD directors to ensure that you understand the process. You can also find out more information and timelines on the D&D Digital Website.
Step 1: Complete the DICAS Application
Step 2: Complete the Cedar Crest College DI Student Online Application and submit your $60 application fee.
Step 3: Complete a telephone interview with Cedar Crest College
Step 4: Match and rank your Cedar Crest College DI choices on the D&D Digital Website
Complete the DICAS Application (contact your DPD director if you have not received the web site link as this is updated yearly).
- Be sure to follow all directions closely
- Record your DICAS ID# to include on your Cedar Crest College DI online application
- When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will generate an e-mail requesting completion of a reference form.
For the Cedar Crest College Dietetic Internship, you must submit 3 references:
- 1 must be from DPD faculty
- 1 from any faculty
- 1 from a work or volunteer position supervisor
NOTE: Personal references will not be accepted. Faculty references must come from faculty who worked with you as an instructor. For example, if you worked with a faculty member as a TA in his/her class but never took a class with that instructor, the faculty member could write a work reference for you, but should not submit a faculty reference. The faculty references must have taught you in class so they are able to address your skills as a student.
- Personal Statement Criteria:
- Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete a personal statement in 1,000 words or less.
- Questions to be addressed in the personal statement for Cedar Crest College include:
- Tell us something unique about yourself to help us get to know you a little better.
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- Why are you applying to the Cedar Crest College Dietetic Internship Program?
- What separates you from the rest of the applicants interested in a community-focused internship?
- Resume/ E-portfolio
- All applicants are required to submit their current resume in a PDF.
- It is appropriate to include professional work and volunteer experiences even when they are not dietetics related.
- E-portfolio is not required but will be reviewed if applicant submits one.
Complete the Cedar Crest College DI Student Online Application Form
Interns will also need to submit a $60 application fee online.
NOTE: If you apply to both tracks, only one $60 fee will be collected. The $60 application fee is waived for all current Cedar Crest College students. All materials submitted as part of the application process will be considered the property of Cedar Crest College, and will not be returned.
Candidates being considered for acceptance will be contacted for a phone interview in March.
Complete the D&D Digital Computer Matching and rank your Cedar Crest College DI choices as follows:
- Onsite Track (Allentown, PA/Lehigh Valley Greater Area): #150
- Remote/Distance Track (nationwide with interns selecting locations/sites): #149
NOTE: You may apply to both tracks