2018 Faculty Award
Faculty Eligible for the 2018 Faculty Award
Business, Management and Economics
Chemical and Physical Sciences
History, Language & Literature
LuAnn McCracken Fletcher
Mae Ann Pasquale
Jane Tyler Ward
E. Allen Richardson
*Recent recipient, not eligible this year.
To support your nomination, please refer to the questions below and write a summary statement in the form of a well constructed essay, addressing at least two of the questions and using specific examples where appropriate.
Questions descriptive of teaching excellence:
- How did the professor demonstrate sound scholarship through knowledge of her/his field?
- Did the professor have high expectations for the students and set challenging standards? Give examples.
- How did the professor stimulate intellectual curiosity, encourage independent thinking, or inspire you to do something further on your own?
- Did the professor provide opportunities to discuss various points of view? Give an example of a discussion, facilitated by the faculty member, that sparked good debate among students.
- How did the professor's style of instruction make the subject more understandable and more interesting?
- What makes this professor unique?
- How did this person's excellence in teaching make a difference in your life?