Fascinated by the study of living things? Consider a minor in biology. This is a common minor for students who are majoring in chemistry, but it can be combined with any major outside of the biological sciences program.
Participating in the biology minor program enables you to select the same interesting courses and learn from the same expert faculty-scientists as biology majors do with a minimum of 20 credits. It also allows you to perform laboratory research and even participate in a field experience.
- BIO 121 Principles of Biology I 4 credits
- BIO 122 Principles of Biology II 4 credits
(Students with Advanced Placement credit for BIO 121 and/or 122 are required to take the BIO 121 and 122 Labs.)
- BIO 235 Ecology, Evolution and Genetics 4 credits
- BIO 236 Cell and Molecular Biology 4 credits
Students who have previously taken BIO 231 or 234 should consult their advisers to determine the courses needed to complete the minor BIO Elective upper level BIO courses 4 credits
- BIO Elective upper level BIO courses 4 credits(CHE 307, 308 and 348 are allowable electives)
- For transfer students 12 of these credits must be from Cedar Crest College