The accounting program at Cedar Crest College is a multidisciplinary program that will prepare you to work in virtually any business environment.
As part of your studies, you will develop the analytical, mathematical, financial, legal and managerial skills necessary to prepare you for a career in public, managerial, governmental or tax accounting, as well as internal auditing.
Some important details about this program:
- The accounting major at Cedar Crest can be applied toward the 150 semester hour education requirement promoted by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
- As a Cedar Crest student, you will be encouraged to explore multiple areas of interest by taking an additional major or minor or by exploring subject matter outside of the business department, such as computer technology, dance, or the sciences.
Click on the boxes below to see the courses required to complete this major.
A business administration major may not minor in marketing or double-major in accounting.
Students majoring in business administration are required to take the following core courses, in addition to courses required for their specific major:
- ACC 101 Financial Accounting 3 credits
- ACC 102 Managerial Accounting 3 credits
- BUA 110 Principles of Management 3 credits
- BUA 221 Business Law 3 credits
- BUA 250 Principles of Finance 3 credits
- BUA 281 Business Ethics 4 credits
- BUA 300 Writing for Management 3 credits
- BUA 345 Operations and Supply Chain Management 3 credits
- BUA 351 Applied Strategic Management I 3 credits
- BUA 352 Applied Strategic Management II 3 credits
- CIS 215 Advanced Business Computing 3 credits
- ECO 101 Principles of Economics: Macro 3 credits
- ECO 102 Principles of Economics: Micro 3 credits
- MAT 105 Mathematics for Business or MAT 141 Calculus I 3 credits
- MAT 110 Probability & Statistics 3 credits
- MRK 230 Principles of Marketing 3 cred
- ACC 203 Cost Accounting 3 credits
- ACC 205 Accounting Information Systems 3 credits
- ACC 208 Intermediate Accounting I 3 credits
- ACC 209 Intermediate Accounting II 3 credits
- ACC 217 Corporate Taxation 3 credits
- ACC 218 Personal Income Tax Accounting 3 credits
- ACC 308 Advanced Financial Accounting 3 credits
- ACC 312 Auditing 3 credits
- BUA 329 Organizational Behavior 3 credits
- BUA 350 Leadership 3 credits
- Internship 3-9 credits