Health Care Management Certificate
The health care industry is one of the largest employers both nationally and in the Lehigh Valley. Whether your goal is to join this exciting field or advance your current career in health care, this certificate is for you. The health care management certificate—which is available through on-site and online study—builds industry-specific skills in process, management, marketing and finance.
Students who complete the health care management certificate will be able to:
- Apply important skills of organizational management and marketing to the health care industry.
- Describe administrative or leadership problems that involve health care institutions—and then take necessary steps to find and implement solutions.
- Contribute to the development and understanding of operating and capital budgets that affect health care institutions.
- Interpret and explain processes and procedures that govern reimbursement, revenue management and cost containment in health care organizations.
- BUA 211 Introduction to Health Care Systems 3 credits
- BUA 258 Health Care Management 3 credits
- BUA 340 Health Care Finance 3 credits
- BUA 341 Health Care Practice Management 3 credits