Human Resources Management Certificate
Whether you intend to work in a public or private organization, this 12-credit certificate program will provide you with a broad understanding of the expanding area of human resource management. This certificate is one of a handful nationwide to meet Society for Human Resource Management standards for both traditional and online delivery. It is intended for those who wish to pursue greater professional opportunities within human resource management, or to make a career change into human resources.
Upon complete of this program, students will be able to:
- Evaluate market, legal and social conditions that may affect the organization
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of how employee compensation and benefits influence an organization
- Understand how management decisions affect the recruitment, selection, and retention of employees
- Interpret and describe individual and group behavior characteristics as they affect organizations
- Execute various practices and procedures associated with human resource management
- Make use of political, legal, and economic tools to help make decisions within the field of human resource management
Here are some important details regarding the Cedar Crest College human resources management certificate.
- Students must complete 75% of the course work for this certificate at Cedar Crest College.
- This certificate is available on-site and as an accelerated program of online study. It can be completed in just two semesters.
- BUA 220 Human Resource Management 3 credits
- BUA 239 Employment Law 3 credits
- BUA 320 Attracting, Selecting, and Retaining Talent 3 credits
- BUA 325 Compensation Management 3 credits
BUA 328 Power, Influence, and Negotiation 3 credits