Research & Internships
Hands-on experience is key to advancement in graduate studies as well as careers in the sciences. That’s why Cedar Crest College requires students in the chemistry and physical sciences department to conduct research or complete a laboratory internship in order to fulfill their degree requirements. During your years here, you will regularly work side-by-side with experienced faculty members and industry professionals, utilizing the latest equipment and technology to perform a variety of types of scientific research.
Thanks to the College’s affiliations with professional organizations, our students also enjoy regular opportunities for presenting their research at regional and national conferences and other events throughout their studies.
Some recent internships completed by Cedar Crest College students include:
- Picatinny Arsenal, N.J. - Explosives
- Harvard University - Atmospheric gases
- Princeton University - Computer modeling
- Sanofi Pasteur - Diphtheria vaccine
- Maine Health and Environmental Testing Laboratory - Equine blood testing research
- University of Virginia - Brown recluse spider anti-venom research