Media Convergence Lab
Our new Media Convergence Lab offers students like you the tools you need to prepare for today’s top traditional and new media careers.
As a Cedar Crest student, you can benefit from hands-on experience in the media, beginning your first day on campus.
Would you like to:
- Learn more about advanced video or digital photography?
- Gain experience in voiceovers?
- Try your hand at television and radio production?
- Learn skills for video editing?
- Test your design abilities while laying out our student-run newspaper?
You can do all this—and more—in our new Media Convergence Lab.
Our new Media Convergence Lab features:
- 20 iMac computers
- Media production software for newspaper production, photography, videography and more
- A post-production and video editing lab
- Studio cameras and equipment
- Three 50-inch, wall-mounted televisions
- A LCD projection system
- Smart Board technology
- Two color printers, including an advanced photo printer
- Video-conferencing capability
The Green Room
As our communication department continues to expand, the College plans to create a “green room” for shooting live footage. This will allow advanced-level students to create video and photography projects using cutting-edge equipment techniques. Film and photography work are currently done in our TV studio in Alumnae Hall.
Audio Production Room
Our new audio production room will be able to record voice-overs, soundtracks, interviews and more. Production space will allow musicians, new media students and small groups to gather. Students will have full access to the room’s mixing board, computer and midi synthesizer.