Our programs prepare you for some of the fastest growing fields in health care.
Students who are health science majors will learn to be an effective part of a health care team.
The program includes biology, chemistry, psychology and business coursework to serve as the foundation for further clinical training that results in certification or licensure as technicians, therapists, or technologists in specific areas of patient care as well as physical therapy and occupational therapy.
This major prepares students to go directly into jobs in the allied health sector or to pursue further training in the areas of clinical laboratory services; health information, communication, and administration; mental and social health; technical instrumentation; and therapy and rehabilitation. Students selecting this major also have the option to complete the health care management certificate.
- Each health sciences major is based in the liberal arts, providing a well-rounded education that prepares students to think critically and analyze more effectively.
- Majors within the department of health sciences share a core set of classes, giving students a better opportunity to select the major that is right for them.
- Each program includes a dedicated health professions advisor who will introduce students to multiple career opportunities within health care and the health sciences.
- Cedar Crest has an average 9:1 student to faculty ratio, allowing for more personalized attention.
- Each program requires at least one internship, giving students the practical experience they need to find success in their chosen field.
Amy J. Reese
Interim Chair, Health Sciences
Associate Professor, Biological Sciences
610-606-4666 ext. 3517