Whether you major in business, a science, the performing arts, or another area of study, the nutrition minor can help you foster the healthy habits that will equip you well on your journey through life.
All nutrition minors must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5. The nutrition minor is 18 credits.
All students in the nutrition minor must complete a core of 12 credits to be chosen from the following courses and all associated prerequisites:
- NTR 130 Food and Culture 3 credits
- NTR 210 Principles of Human Nutrition 3 credits
- NTR 212 Nutrition for Women and Children 3 credits
- NTR 220 Principles of Foods 3 credits
Then select 6 additional credits in nutrition from the following:
- NTR 113 Nutrition and Fitness 1 credit
- NTR 114 Nutrition and the Elderly 1 credit
- NTR 115 Eating Disorders and Weight Management 1 credit
- NTR 217 Nutrition Education in the Community 3 credits
- NTR 300 Advanced Nutrition and Metabolism I 3 credits
- NTR 305 Advanced Nutrition and Metabolism II 3 credits
Expenses and Transportation
In addition to comprehensive, special fees and transportation, there will be a fee of $100 for NTR 220. Transportation to and from field experiences is the responsibility of the student.