We connect students to local internships that best suit their goals and interests.
During your studies, we encourage you to take advantage of the vibrant community that surrounds our campus by gaining experience through an internship. This enables you to experience the field of psychology as it pertains to the working world…and can help you refine your career goals. Many students participate in internships throughout their education at Cedar Crest. Here is a partial list of previous students’ internships, including some in-depth explanations of what they experienced.
Valley Youth House
Internship consisted of working with multiple clients, experiencing different levels of autism. The students also researched different activities for developmentally disabled children.
Sexual Assault Support Services
Internship consisted of gaining experience in providing support and assistance to survivors and others affected by sexual violence, serving on agency hotline as well as provide in-person support at the agency office, Child Advocacy Center, local hospitals, police stations, and courts. Student assisted with in-services trainings, program evaluation, and other projects regarding client services program.
New York State Psychiatric Institute
Internship consisted of updating childhood disorder database, observing some neuropsychology battery administrations, learning a brain protocol for data entry and segmenting MRI scans on the computer, and checking co registration of whole brain to grey matter to hemispheric segmentation.
Internship consisted of direct/indirect (telephone) contact with clients, providers, doctors, pharmacies and assisting callers with necessary information, filing of their paperwork, indirect preparation of client clinical charts, direct observation of meetings, Women's Empowerment Group, counselor/client in clinical sessions, intake sessions with Intake Counselor and client.
Other Internship Sites
Cedar Crest psychology students have also interned at:
- ACORN – Salisbury House Healthcare
- Allentown Health Bureau
- B. Braun Medical
- Cape Wildlife Center
- Care Net Pregnancy Centers of the Lehigh Valley
- The Caron Foundation
- Catasauqua Area School District
- Cedar Crest College – Student Affairs Office
- Children’s Home of Easton
- The Children’s Therapeutic Center
- Clubhouse of Lehigh Valley
- Community Service Foundation
- Community Service for Children
- Community Services Group
- Concern Treatment Unit
- County Adult Probation/Parole Lehigh County
- Country Meadows
- The Delp Group, Inc.
- Desert Palm Inn
- Easton Area School District
- First Commonwealth Federal Credit Union
- Glenn Koch & Associates
- Green Meadows
- Institute for Female Pelvic Health and Reconstructive Surgery
- KidsPeace International
- KidsPeace Inventor Center
- Lehigh County Adult Probation/Parole
- Lehigh Valley Heritage Center
- Lehigh Valley Hospital
- Luther Crest
- Monroe County Correctional Facility & Northampton County Prison
- New York University Summer Program for Kids
- Renewal Center
- St. Lukes Addiction Treatment Service
- St. Luke’s Institute for Behavioral Health
- Salisbury Behavioral Health, Inc.
- School District of Philadelphia
- Serv Centers of New Jersey
- Somerset Treatment Services
- Thorncroft Therapeutic Horseback Riding, Inc.
- Tiny Tots Learning Center
- Valley Youth House
- Valley Youth House Shelter Program
- Weaversville Intensive Treatment Unit
- Youth Services Agency of PA