CATALOG • 2009-2010
Cedar Crest College is a liberal arts college for women dedicated to the education of the next generation of leaders. Cedar Crest College prepares women for life in a global community by educating the whole student.
A Cedar Crest graduate will:
- Demonstrate the ability to engage in critical analysis and qualitative reasoning.
- Demonstrate the ability to engage in scientific and quantitative reasoning.
- Demonstrate technological competency and information literacy, including the ability to evaluate technological and informational resources and use them appropriately.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly, both orally and through the written word.
- Demonstrate the ability to participate in and appreciate artistic and creative endeavors.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and articulate the foundations of her own ethics and values, as well as understand the value systems of others.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and respond to issues of local, national, and global significance.
As we move ahead, the vitality of all aspects of society will depend on the capacity of our colleges to educate women for leadership positions in all sectors and aspects of life. Cedar Crest is among the small group of institutions best suited to meet that challenge. Through its undergraduate liberal arts programs, students learn to make connections among a variety of academic disciplines. An 11:1 student-faculty ratio creates a cohesive community of scholars and learners where many opportunities exist for independent learning, individual exploration and personal growth. Students gain confidence in what they can achieve, not only for themselves, but also for society.
Cedar Crest's campus is situated in the western residential section of the city of Allentown, a part of the Lehigh Valley in eastern Pennsylvania. Allentown and the adjacent cities of Bethlehem and Easton have a combined population exceeding 600,000 and support a variety of cultural and community activities. The College is within 55 miles of Philadelphia and 90 miles of New York City. Groups of students are easily able to visit these cities.
Cedar Crest College provides a quality under-graduate education to a broad constituency of students.
Cedar Crest College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street; Philadelphia, PA 19104; 215-662-5606.
Traditional Students: Women enrolled during the day who, at the time they enroll at Cedar Crest, graduated from high school within the last four years.