CATALOG • 2010-2011
Healthcare Management – Certificate
For information, contact Gaetan T. Giannini, MBA.
Healthcare organizations and businesses supporting the delivery of care represent a growing area for employment and career advancement. The Healthcare Management Certificate builds industry specific skills in processes, management, marketing, and finance. Individuals working in the healthcare industry may use this learning to better understand their management role or to advance into supervisory or management positions. Others may use learning from this certificate program to enter or transition into the healthcare field, with a differentiating knowledge base and the ability to communicate using terminology from the healthcare field.
Students who complete the certificate in Healthcare Management will be able to:
- Apply important skills of organizational management and marketing to the healthcare industry
- Describe and work to solve administrative or leadership problems that involve healthcare institutions
- Contribute to the development of operating and capital budgets that affect healthcare institutions
- Interpret and explain processes and procedures that govern reimbursement, revenue management and cost containment in healthcare organizations.
Course Requirements for the Healthcare Management Certificate
*BUA 110 Principles of Management 3 Credits
BUA 211 Introduction to Healthcare Systems 3 Credits
BUA 258 Healthcare Management 3 Credits
BUA 340 Healthcare Finance 3 Credits
*MRK 230 Principles of Marketing 3 Credits
MRK 331 Service Marketing or MRK 240 Applied Public
Relations 3 Credits
Last Updated: 7/8/10
* May be transferred in from an ACBSP or AACSB institution.