Catalog • 2011-2012
Human Resources Management - Certificate
For information, contact Gaetan T. Giannini, MBA.
This certificate is tailored to meet the needs of those who require a broad understanding of the expanding area of human resource management in public or private organizations. This certificate is intended for those who wish to pursue professional opportunities within human resource management or to make a career change into the human resources area. Students who choose this certificate cannot use its elective courses to satisfy requirements for credentials earned elsewhere in the Department of Business, Management, and Economics.
Upon complete of this program, students will be able to:
- Evaluate market, legal and social conditions that may affect the organization
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of how employee compensation and benefits influence an organization
- Understand how management decisions affect the recruitment, selection, and retention of employees
- Interpret and describe individual and group behavior characteristics as they affect organizations
- Execute various practices and procedures associated with human resource management
- Make use of political, legal, and economic tools to help make decisions within the field of human resource management
All four courses must be completed at Cedar Crest College.
BUA 220 Human Resource Management 3 credits
BUA 239 Employment Law 3 credits
BUA 320 Attracting, Selecting, and Retaining Talent 3 credits
BUA 325 Compensation Management 3 credits