Catalog • 2012-2013
Athletics, Wellness and Recreation
The Department of Athletics, Wellness and Recreation provides a comprehensive set of programs and services which promote an active, engaged, entertaining physical dimension to the collegiate experience. The department provides eight intercollegiate sports (field hockey, lacrosse, basketball, softball, tennis, cross country, soccer and volleyball), two club sports (equestrian and swimming), along with a wide-range of intramural opportunities and fitness events, such as our indoor triathlon and widely recognized Hall Olympics. Our nationally recognized Healthy U program promotes a campus culture of healthy lifestyles, focusing on healthy eating, fitness, exercise and education about nutrition.
NCAA Division III regulations require that students be enrolled full-time, make satisfactory progress and be in good academic standing to participate in athletics In order to be eligible to participate in athletics at Cedar Crest, a student:
- Must be full-time, registered for a minimum of 12 credits during the semester of athletic participation. Upper-class students must have accumulated no less than 24 credits the two semesters prior to the current semester of participation.
- Must earn the minimum number of credits for
each year of athletic team participation:
- Freshman 0.00 - 23.9
- Sophomore 24.0 - 54.9
- Junior 55.0 - 85.9
- Senior 86 or more
- Must notify her coach and the Director of Athletics if she drops a course during the semester so that credits can be recomputed immediately by the registrar's office.
- Must achieve a minimum cumulative average of 2.000 as a freshman and a minimum cumulative average of 2.000 for any subsequent semester.
- 50-Mile Club
- Aerobic/Body Toning
- Hall Olympics
- Healthy U
- Group Fitness Walks
- Rodale Aquatic Center
- Wellness Programs
- Indoor Biathlon/Triathlon