Catalog • 2012-2013
Health Care Management - Certificate
For information, contact Gaetan T. Giannini, MBA.
Health Care organizations and businesses supporting the delivery of care represent a growing area for employment and career advancement. The Health Care Management Certificate builds industry specific skills in processes, management, marketing, and finance. Individuals working in the health care industry may use this learning to better understand their management role or to advance into supervisory or management positions. Others may use learning from this certificate program to enter or transition into the health care field, with a differentiating knowledge base and the ability to communicate using terminology from the health care field.
Students who complete the certificate in Health Care Management will be able to:
- Apply important skills of organizational management and marketing to the health care industry
- Describe and work to solve administrative or leadership problems that involve health care institutions
- Contribute to the development of operating and capital budgets that affect health care institutions
- Interpret and explain processes and procedures that govern reimbursement, revenue management and cost containment in health care organizations
BUA 211 Introduction to Health Care Systems 3 Credits
BUA 258 Health Care Management 3 Credits
BUA 340 Health Care Finance 3 Credits
BUA 341 Health Care Practice Management 3 Credits
* May be transferred in from an ACBSP or AACSB institution.