Commencement 2013 FAQs
Additional questions? Contact the Student Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-606-4680.
1. Do I need a ticket for Commencement?
- *Updated 2/7/13: Yes, a ticket is required for seating under the tent for Commencement. Due to the large number of graduates, we need to limit the number of seats under the tent. Each graduate will be given 6 tickets. All other guests will be able to view the ceremony in other viewing areas. Please plan accordingly. Graduates must RSVP with the number of guests they expect will attend.
- All graduating students who plan to walk in the Commencement Ceremony must RSVP using the Commencement Attendance Form in MyCedarCrest under the “Student Affairs” tab by April 12, 2013.
- Tickets guarantee entry into the tent; seating under the tent is on a first-come, first-served basis.
2. What happens if there is inclement weather?
- The ceremony takes place under a tent. In case of light to moderate rain, the ceremony will go on as scheduled. Heavier rain may cause us to shorten the program. In the event that severe weather is expected, please call the inclement weather hotline at 610-606-4629.
3. How long do the ceremonies last?
- Baccalaureate lasts approximately 1 hour, from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Commencement lasts approximately 2 and 1/2 hours, from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
4. Since the Ceremony is outside, are pets allowed?
- Please do not bring pets to the Ceremony.
5. Can I take Photos?
- Guests are free to take photos at their seat under the tent. Although there is no longer a "photo-op" area (as of 2/7/13), there will be a photo staging area in the Tompkins College Center. Photos of your graduate and the ceremony will also be available for purchase from Thomas Duncan Photography.
6. Can I bring balloons?
- While we appreciate wanting to celebrate your graduate, we ask that you do not hold balloons thus blocking the view of the other guests while seated under the tent.
7. Is handicapped seating available?
- Yes, handicapped seating can be reserved. Each graduating student must complete the Commencement Attendance Form. Within this form, student can specify if guests will need handicapped seating.
8. Is handicapped parking available?
- Golf carts will be running from the various parking lots to the Ceremony for those with trouble walking. Please refer to the Parking information page.
9. When do I learn how to wear my Academic Regalia?
- An Academic Regalia demonstration will be held during the mandatory Graduation Rehearsal on Thursday, May 9 at 5 p.m.
10. Where can I pick up the roses I purchased online?
- Roses can be picked up at the back of the tent on the Quad where Commencement takes place. Rain site is the Tompkins College Center.