Allergy injections are available at Health Services in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Allergy injections will only be given, by appointment, when a physician is present at Health Services.
- Allergy appointment times are Monday through Friday from 1pm-4pm.(schedule will vary based on physician's availability)
- Before allergy injections can be given, a physician's order (which includes the schedule for administration and instructions in case of adverse reactions and missed doses) along with the Allergy Intake Form is received and reviewed by the Nurse Practitioner/Physician.
- It is the policy of the Health Services not to give any allergy injections when the serum contains bee, wasp, or insect venom.
- New allergy patients need to receive their first two allergy injections at their allergist's office.
- All students must wait in Health Services for 20-30 minutes, depending on allergist's recommendation, after receiving allergy injections.
- Allergy serum may be stored in the Health Services refrigerator during the school year. When leaving campus for a lengthy vacation (i.e. winter break) or end of the semester, please make arrangements to pick up serum and allergy injection records prior to your departure. The Health Services is not open during vacations; therefore, it may not be possible to retrieve serum or records left behind. Health Services does not mail any serum.
The charge for allergy injections is $10.00 per injection with a maximum charge of $20.00 for multiple injections, unless you purchase either the Smith College Health Insurance or Campus Health Plan in which case the injection fee is covered.