The following Audio Visual formats are available to the Cedar Crest Community:
- Compact Discs
- Laser Discs
- Cassette Tapes
Consult the online catalog for the titles located in Audio Visual Services.
- Go to http://library.cedarcrest.edu
- Choose "WorldCat Local"
- Choose "Advanced Search"
- Enter your search terms for keyword, title or author
- Scroll down to narrow your search
- At format select "visual material"
- In the results list, click a title for more information.
Materials may be used in the Library or may circulate for a 3 day loan period. During working hours, materials must be checked out in Audio Visual Services on the Terrace Level. After 4:30 p.m., users must complete an Audio Visual Request Form and submit it at the Information Services desk. The materials will be available at the Lending Services Desk by 10 a.m. the next day or Monday morning if requested after 4:30 p.m. Friday.
Media held in the Library's collection is available to faculty for classroom use. To ensure material availability, make reservations at least 7 days in advance. Media not available in the Library's collection can be obtained forfaculty use through Audio Visual Services. Rentals are funded throughthe film rental budget. To ensure receipt of materials, requestsshould be placed with Audio Visual Services at least 10 days before thematerial is needed. Reservations should be submitted throught the online form, which can be found under the IT tab in My Cedarcrest.
The following Audio Visual Equipment is available to the CedarCrest Community:
- Overhead Projectors
- Data Projectors
- Digital Camera Tripods
- Web Cams
- Digital Voice Recorders
- Slide Projectors
- Portable Screens
- Audiovisual Carts
- 16mm Projectors
- Record Players
- CD Player
- Cassette Tape Players
- Reel To Reel Players
Equipment deliveries are made to the classroom early in the morning the day of the showing for faculty and staff. To ensure equipment availability, make reservations at least 7 days in advance. Reservations should be submitted in writing or via the form under the IT tab on My CedarCrest.
Cedar Crest students may check out camcorders, tripods, and cassette players from the Audio Visual Services department to be used for classroom or student organization projects. The following procedures must be followed so that all students needing this equipment will have equal opportunity and access.
- Audio Visual equipment required for student assignments or projects must be requested through the class instructor or group advisor.
- Camcorders, tripods, and cassette players may be checked out by a student. Students must contact Audio Visual Services in advance at email@example.com and arrange for a pickup and drop off time.
- All other requested AV equipment must be included on your Facilities Request Form.
- All requests must be made at least 5 business days (Mon-Fri) in advance.
- Equipment is on a first-come, first-serve basis, and availability cannot be guaranteed.
Faculty and staff must make reservations for technology classrooms through the Registrar's Office.
Individual or class instruction is available. We highly recommend advance instruction for all technology classrooms, especially for classes or events that occur during limited support hours. Contact Audio Visual Services to make an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 610-606-4666 ext. 3539.