Welcome to Education Technology Services
The Office of Educational Technology Services supports the academic mission of Cedar Crest College by helping faculty find innovative ways to use technology to achieve their teaching goals. Drawing on expertise in both technology and pedagogy, the Education Technology staff assist faculty with projects, share information across campus about effective practices and examine the effect of technology on teaching and learning. They provide support to faculty developing and delivering classes using online resources.
The resources we provide:
- Orienting faculty to the Cedar Crest Online interface.
- Regular faculty information sessions covering Cedar Crest Online tips and tricks.
- Orienting faculty to the online teaching environment.
- Multiple media and web development project management
- Pedagogical assistance in effective use of instructional media.
- Technical support to Faculty course development and maintenance.
- Microsoft office suite Microsoft office suite support in the classroom
- Media and web development and related services
- Media Scanning support and training (photos, slides, etc.)
- Media and course content archiving. This ranges from file management help to burning of CD's.
- Multimedia DVD video production
- Synchronized media rich online presentations
- CD/DVD burning - discs are created for student projects, faculty conference presentation, faculty lectures etc.
- Audio and Video digitizing Video capturing and streaming eLearning content.
- Teaching Workshops (eLearning, HTML, Powerpoint, audio recording etc)
- Leadership in the identification and evaluation of emerging technologies and facilitation of their integration, as appropriate in the teaching, learning and outreach functions of the college.
Cedar Crest Online(R)CMS and Support Services Both Awarded Best in Category in IMS GLC Learning Technology Satisfaction and Trends Report
About Cedar Crest Online
Cedar Crest Online is Cedar Crest's portal to our online course offerings. Faculty and student use this portal to access their web enhanced course material, both companion and our Online Distance Education courses.
Cedar Crest Online is a state of the art, Internet-based tool to enhance classroom instruction. It enables you to easily supplement traditional classes with online communication tools and academically sound content. You can make important student information accessible "anytime, anywhere," and significantly increase interaction and access to course materials.
Cedar Crest Online works through the creation of an online courseshell. This shell is set up to accompany your face to face course. The instructor populates the courseshell with information and links. Highly flexible and intuitively easy to use, it requires no knowledge of html, can be modified in moments, and offers a wide array of tools such as announcements, group-mailing, chat rooms, test building, gradebook, supplementary course material uploading, document sharing, student homework drop boxes, threaded discussions, and Webliography.