Request for Coverage/Photo Opportunity
Cedar Crest College Launching New School of Adult Education at Event on Oct. 19
Allentown, Pa. (Oct. 13, 2011)—Federal, state and local government officials, community college officials, and other invited guests will help unveil “the future of adult education”—Cedar Crest College’s new School of Adult and Graduate Education (SAGE)—during a special launch event on Wednesday, Oct. 19, from 6:30-8 p.m. at the Cosmopolitan in Allentown. Other highlights include the announcement of a substantial grant to the college and SAGE students relating their success stories.
Among the dignitaries tentatively slated to attend and/or speak about the value of SAGE to the communities they represent include:
- U.S. Congressman Charlie Dent (15th District), who will make a special announcement via videotaped address
- State Representative Jennifer Mann (Lehigh)
- Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski
Cedar Crest College President Carmen Twillie Ambar and Board of Trustees Chair Susan Everitt Hudgins ’64 will highlight why SAGE makes sense in today’s educational and vocational climate—both for the College and for the community it serves. In addition, adult education alumni and current students will provide firsthand accounts of their educational journey and the role that Cedar Crest has played.
“We are extremely pleased to have so many key members of the community and friends of the College joining us as we celebrate the launch of SAGE,” said President Ambar. “The future of adult education means preparing students for a highly competitive job market that will demand a broad and evolving base of knowledge and skills, and SAGE is specifically designed to meet these needs.”
During the launch, Representative Charlie Dent will announce that the College has been chosen to receive a highly selective, $2 million grant to bolster academic programs and services for all students at Cedar Crest, including those in SAGE.
Drawing on more than 40 years of educating adults, SAGE offers the ultimate in academic program options, scheduling convenience, and support to help busy men and women advance their careers while balancing their lives. Highlights of SAGE include:
- Accelerated courses, which can be completed in just seven weeks
- Online courses, which offer the ultimate in convenience
- A seamless credit transfer policy for community college graduates
- Flexible programs to meet practically any schedule, including nights and weekends
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty who mentor and provide support
- Support services that assist with scheduling, financial aid, and much more
- More than 50 academic programs relevant to today’s competitive job market