Power of Women Networking Event at Sands Bethlehem on October 8
Allentown, Pa. (Sept. 25, 2012)—Power of Women at Cedar Crest College will host its annual luncheon and networking event on Monday, Oct. 8, from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Sands Casino-Resort Bethlehem. “Our Possibilities…Our Potential” will provide participants with an opportunity to network with local professionals, as well as shopping and entertainment.
It will also feature a keynote address from Power of Women Co-Founder Pamela Varkony, who will announce her departure from the empowerment organization after 13 years at the helm, and greetings from Cedar Crest College President Carmen Twillie Ambar, who will welcome attendees and share some exciting news about the College’s Women’s Leadership Institute (WLI). Power of Women joined Cedar Crest College in fall 2011 and immediately became an integral piece of the newly launched WLI.
Details of the “Our Possibilities…Our Potential” event include:
- Power of Women Co-Founder Pamela Varkony
- International known speaker, writer, and women’s empowerment advocate Pamela Varkony will present an address titled, “Strength of the Sisterhood….Through Victories and Challenges.”
- Cedar Crest College President Carmen Twillie Ambar
- President Ambar will welcome “Power’s” members into the Cedar Crest College community. Looking ahead to the future of Power of Women as part of the Women’s Leadership Institute, she will announce a new initiative that will bring leadership development to women across the Lehigh Valley.
Entertainment and Networking:
- New York’s official storyteller, Diane Wolkstein
- Wolkstein will take everyone on a journey titled, “Stories Guide us Home,” in which she shares passages from Inanna, Queen of Heaven and Earth, and from the biblical story of Ruth.
- Gourmet lunch chosen exclusively for this event by the Sands’ executive chef
- Lunch will include an heirloom tomato salad with figs and feta; braciole of chicken pesto on saffron risotto and a chocolate-raspberry truffle cake with fresh berries.
- Networking room with exciting shopping opportunities
- Enjoy a variety of women-owned and managed businesses in the area. Learn about new products and services, network and enjoy some great shopping opportunities.
- Opportunity to meet with local professionals and entrepreneurs
- Move to the rhythms of Jamani Drummers
Cost to attend the program is $45 and pre-registration is required. To register for this event, or to find out more information, visit www.powerofwomen.net/events or call 610-776-1676 ext. 3