Security in the Residence Halls
IMPORTANT CAMPUS SAFETY TIPS:
- Always lock your room door—even if you are just down the hall.
- Do not let anyone you do not recognize into the residence hall.
- Escort your guests at all times.
- If you keep valuables in your room, keep them locked up.
- Engrave all your valuables and appliances with your driver’s license number. Talk to the Campus Police about borrowing an engraver!
- Never, under any circumstance, give your room key or student ID to anyone.
- When studying on campus, always keep your belongings within view.
- Always tell a friend or roommate where you are going—you don’t want people to worry about you unnecessarily.
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Avoid walking alone at night. Opt to walk with a group of friends or call Campus Police for an escort.
- Walk in well lit areas.
- Report anything suspicious to Campus Police immediately.
- Know where the emergency call boxes are located on campus. There are 14 of them throughout campus.
- Remember, alcohol and/or drugs are involved in 90% of campus crimes.
- Cedar Crest Campus Police consists of 17 full and part time employees, so there is always someone on hand to help.
To Contact the Campus Police
ON CAMPUS: DIAL "0" FROM ANY CAMPUS PHONE
OFF CAMPUS: DIAL (610)437-4471
PROGRAM IT INTO YOUR CELL PHONE!