What's Happening at Cedar Crest College
Cedar Crest to Celebrate Commuter Students This Week
Cedar Crest College will host Commuter Spirit Week this week from Tuesday, Jan. 19 through Monday, January 25, to thank the 1,400 traditional and lifelong learning students who drive to campus on a regular basis.
Events slated include:
- Tuesday, January 19: Commuter Connection Day, parking lot C and the Hamilton Boulevard Building parking lot, 7:30-9 a.m. and 4:30-6 p.m. Cedar Crest faculty and staff members will serve free coffee and donuts for all commuter students.
- Wednesday, January 20: Commuter reception, commuter student lounge/Tompkins College Center first floor, 4 p.m. Commuter students can meet each other, and find out about the clubs and organizations available to them at Cedar Crest.
- Thursday, January 21: Commuter Activity Board (C.A.B.) meeting, commuter student lounge/Tompkins College Center first floor, 11:30 a.m. The newly formed C.A.B. is a student-run, SGA-funded organization designed to discuss issues that are specific to commuter students.
- Friday, January 22: Commuter student lounge rededication, Tompkins College Center first floor, 12 p.m. The campus will rededicate the commuter student lounge, which includes study and relaxation space, and has internet accessibility.
- Monday, January 25: Commuter luncheon, president’s residence, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. President Carmen Twillie Ambar will host lunch, meet commuter students, and discuss issues of importance to them. Also, Random Acts of Kindness Day, during which the campus community is asked to practice kindness to commuter students (as well as everyone else).