Off-Campus Hot Spots
The West End of Allentown is a great place to live and learn! Allentown is the cultural core of the Lehigh Valley and the third largest city in the state.
- Allentown offers a wonderful park system with running and biking trails, and Cedar Creek Park is right behind campus!
- The Allentown Farmer’s Market and Allentown Fairgrounds are within walking distance.
- The Allentown Art Museum, a regional fine arts museum, is less than 10 minutes away by car.
- The Pocono region, including skiing areas, is a short 30-minute drive from campus.
- Philadelphia and New York City are all within easy reach of Allentown.
Student groups, faculty and staff often make weekend excursions and day trips off campus. In addition to the social and cultural programs available on campus, students can take advantage of concerts, theaters, films, and lectures elsewhere in the Lehigh Valley. Civic organizations and nearby Lehigh and DeSales Universities and Muhlenberg, Moravian and Lafayette Colleges sponsor such activities.
Highways place Allentown within convenient driving distance of most areas in the Northeast. Campus is easily accessible by Routes 22, 78, 309, and the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Several long-distance bus lines also provide service to the area.
For your convenience, the following is a partial list of overnight accommodations near Cedar Crest College. Many of these hotels offer special rates for Cedar Crest students. Reservations are recommended.