Office of Leadership and Student Development
Taking the Lead
Focus on: Jennifer Bonetti
Hometown: Kingston, N.Y.
Status: Class of 2011
- Forensic Science Student Organization (President)
- Chemistry Club (President)
- Great Outdoor Woman (GO) Club
- Stage Company (Theatre)
- Step Team
- Presidential Scholarship recipient
- Perennial honor roll student
- Chemistry instructional assistant and tutor
- Internship with the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security
- Earned research grant from the National Institute of Justice
- Presented research to Northeastern Association of Forensic Scientists
Leadership: As the above achievements show, Jennifer has had many opportunities at Cedar Crest to develop the skills to become a confident leader.
Her Take: “When I was a sophomore I was a chemistry instructional assistant and I was always very nervous talking to the students. Over the years, just having more practice with that and having more practice with the different clubs, I’ve really grown and been able to express myself and explain things.”
Favorite Quote: From peace activist and author Marianne Williamson: “We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be?”
Her Take: “I think it’s just really beautiful. I’m often told that I’m too hard on myself, and these quotes remind me to take a deep breath and remember that I am human and even if I may make mistakes, I still have the ability to do great things.”
“Jennifer 360”: Jennifer maintains a very high GPA and very high energy—in fact, her mom affectionately calls her a “nerd with personality.” Studying chemistry is just one side of who she is. She feeds her artistic passions by acting and dancing in Cedar Crest performing arts productions.
Her Take: “It’s really great that I have the opportunity to do both the sciences and the dance and the performing arts things that I love here at Cedar Crest.”