Let us help you plan for your upcoming European residency.
The three intensive summertime residencies in Europe are a critical and defining benefit of the Cedar Crest College Low-Residency, Pan-European MFA in Creative Writing. These residencies will enable you to:
- Explore picturesque and inspiring European locales where acclaimed writers lived and honed their craft.
- Immerse yourself in the culture of the area, exploring the salient link between where a story takes place and how that story unfolds within those boundaries—real or imagined.
- Delve more deeply into the locale, not as a tourist but as a writer seeking to add depth and detail to your works.
- Connect with an international community of gifted writers, including our faculty-authors and fellow MFA students, for intensive workshops and literary critique.
- Participate in 15 days of intensive study, focusing solely on your craft, your writing community, and the instruction provided by faculty mentors.
Arrival and departure dates: Students are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to and from the residency locations. Expect to arrive at the residency for the Saturday immediately prior to the first week in July, with departure on the second Saturday following. Refer to the residency’s travel information sheet for specific dates when planning your arrival and departure.
Program Schedule »
Important documents: US students are required to have a valid passport and other needed documentation for entry into residency host countries. Students with citizenship outside the US will need to check with the appropriate bureau in their own country and that of residency host countries and obtain documents required for their travel.
Accommodations: The MFA program provides housing in picturesque locations such as the Trinity College campus in Dublin, Ireland or center-city hotels in other residency cities. Housing arrangements may include areas shared by program students.
Expenses included: Cedar Crest College secures special residency accommodations and programing for our MFA students. Your residency fee will typically include board, daily breakfast, classroom space, field-experience transportation and entrance fees, guides, and speakers. The cost of coursework, locale seminars, cross-genre seminars, and craft seminars are included in your MFA tuition.
You are responsible for booking flights and ground transportation to and from the residency location. You are also responsible for the cost of all meals other than breakfast.
For more information: Contact the Internal Director for more information on travel arrangements as related to the Cedar Crest College Low-Residency, Pan-European MFA in Creative Writing.