Missing Person Policy
- All concerns of a possible missing person should be reported to the Cedar Crest College Campus Police by dialing “0” from any campus telephone or 610-437-4471 from an off campus phone.
- Upon receipt of the report, a Campus Police Officer will immediately be dispatched to the concerned party to initiate an investigation, and the Chief of the Campus Police and on-call Residence Hall Staff will be notified, in the case of a missing student.
- The responding Officer(s) will gather all necessary information related to the incident from the person(s) reporting the missing person, including, but not limited to: a physical description including clothing worn when last seen, where the person was last seen and if the student was with anyone, concerns about the mental or physical condition of the person, etc.
- Officers will make every effort to find the person on campus. Officers will also check to see if the missing person’s vehicle is on campus and if the person has accessed any area via the Door Access System or if she had signed in any guests, in the case of a student. Other students, friends and acquaintances may also be interviewed.
- After a search of the Campus has been completed and if no further information has been forthcoming; the Chief of the Campus Police or his designee, in consultation with the Dean of Students, in the case of a missing student or the Executive Vice President, in the case of a missing employee, may choose to notify the Campus Community to ask for help in locating the missing person. Notification can be done using any combination of our Mass Notification Systems.
- The Chief of the Campus Police or his designee, may choose to file a missing persons report with the Allentown Police Department after all other avenues have been explored. All pertinent information relative to the incident will be provided to the responding Allentown Police Officer.
- Any and all community inquiries into the matter will be referred to College Relations or a designated spokesperson.
- No later than 24 hours after the initial report, the missing person’s emergency contact will be notified by the Campus Police and or Student Affairs, in the case of a missing student.
- In the case of a missing student that is less than 18 years old, the student’s parent/parents or legal guardian/guardians shall be notified no later than 24 hours after the initial report.
- In the case of a missing student that is over 18 years old and has not designated anyone to be notified, notification to the Allentown Police Department will suffice.
- As per standard operating procedures, a detailed report of the incident will be generated by the responding Campus Police Officer.
Press - 0