Cedar Crest College welcomes students from abroad to study on our safe and beautiful campus located in a thriving region just a few hours from New York City, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. We know the international application process can be daunting. Our skilled admissions staff will guide you through the process and be available to answer any questions you may have.
- Complete your free application:
- A required personal essay (minimum of 3 paragraphs) is included in your online application.
- Completion of one of the following: Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (ILETS), Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), or American College Testing (ACT).
- High school transcripts at your current high school either in the United States or home country. NOTE: In some instances, foreign academic records should be evaluated by World Education Services or WES http://www.wes.org/. Evaluations will be waived for those students in an International Baccalaureate (IB), Advanced Placement, or Cambridge School.
- Personal essay in English
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher or academic counselor in English or accompanied by a certified English translation
- Copy of foreign passport and United States Visa (if applicable).
- For those students in a governmental sponsorship program, a letter from the embassy stating your financial award from home country.
- Students self-funding their education at Cedar Crest are required to a Financial Support Statement that includes:
- 3 to 6 months of bank statements
- Proof of income and/or tax returns from your sponsor stating your sponsor's willingness and ability to fund a Cedar Crest education
- Proof of the ability to pay for one year of study (including tuition, room and board, books, and travel expenses) in order to qualify for a student visa. You will not be issued a visa eligibility certificate (Form I-20) until financial support has been verified.
Applicants will receive communication via the email address provided on the application throughout the admission process.
TOEFL Score Requirements
Students taking the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) are required to receive a score of 550 for the PBT (Paper Based Test) or 80 for the iBT (Internet Based Test).
ILETS Score Requirements
Students submitting their ILETS scores for admission must have a minimum 5.0 band score. Students also have a minimum of a 4.5 on each section of the exam.
Acceptance Next Steps and Resources
- Visa and I-20
- Upon acceptance into Cedar Crest international student will receive and I-20 from the office of admissions. A designated school official or DSO will process you I-20 and mail it to your foreign address.
- Students will need to schedule an appointment with their nearest United States Embassy to complete the visa process. The attached resource is helpful when trying to navigate the visa process. https://educationusa.state.gov/
- Students are responsible for their I-901 fee which must be paid prior to enrollment at Cedar Crest. If the I-901 payment has not been submitted the I-20 could be terminated.
Campus housing is guaranteed to all femaie undergraduates, including female international students, there is no on-campus housing for male students. You will receive housing application guidelines with your enrollment confirmation materials. Cedar Crest College has four residence halls, which are open during most school breaks. Limited visitation floors are available upon request. Visit our Residence Life website for more information about housing options.