How to Apply:Onsite Track
- Minimum of a Baccalaureate Degree.
- Verification of Completion of the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) Program in Nutrition and Dietetics or the Intent to Complete Form from an accredited DPD issued within the past five years.
- Overall and DPD GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Official transcripts of all prior academic work completed from all colleges and universities
- Two semesters (or the equivalent) of a Medical Nutrition Therapy Course completed no more than four years prior to application to the Cedar Crest College Dietetic Internship.
- Students with an MNT course more than 4 years ago that have a subsequent Master’s degree or a Master’s degree in progress will have their regency of education standards evaluated on a case by case decision.
The Cedar Crest College DI participates in the Spring DICAS Match annually. Be sure to connect with your DPD directors to ensure that you understand the process. You can also find out more information and timelines on the D&D Digital Website.
Step 1: Complete the DICAS Application
Step 2: Complete the Cedar Crest College DI Student Online Application and submit your $60 application fee.
Step 3: Invited students complete a web conference interview followed by a written interview component
Step 4: Match and rank your Cedar Crest College DI choices on the D&D Digital Website
Complete the DICAS Application (contact your DPD director if you have not received the web site link)
- Be sure to follow all DICAS directions closely
- Record your DICAS ID# to include on your Cedar Crest College DI online application
- When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will generate an e-mail requesting completion of a reference form.
For the Cedar Crest College Dietetic Internship, you must submit 3 references:
- 1 must be from DPD faculty
- 1 from any faculty
- 1 from a work or volunteer position supervisor
NOTE: Personal references will not be accepted. Faculty references must come from faculty who worked with you as an instructor. For example, if you worked with a faculty member as a TA in his/her class but never took a class with that instructor, the faculty member could write a work reference for you, but should not submit a faculty reference. The faculty references must have taught you in class so they are able to address your skills as a student.
Personal Statement Criteria:
- Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete a personal statement in 1,000 words or less.
- Questions to be addressed in the personal statement for Cedar Crest College include:
- Tell us something unique about yourself to help us get to know you a little better.
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your future career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses / areas needing improvement?
- Why are you applying to the Cedar Crest College Dietetic Internship Program?
- What separates you from the rest of the applicants interested in a community-focused internship?
- All applicants are required to submit their current resume in a PDF.
- It is appropriate to include professional work and volunteer experiences even when they are not dietetics related.
- E-portfolio is not required but strongly encouraged.
Complete the Cedar Crest College DI Student Online Application Form
Interns will also need to submit a $60 application fee online.
NOTE: Applicants applying to both tracks, only pay one $60 application. The $60 application fee is waived for all current Cedar Crest College students. All materials submitted as part of the application process will be considered the property of Cedar Crest College, and will not be returned.
Only candidates being considered for acceptance will be invited for a web conference interview in March.
Complete the D&D Digital Computer Matching and rank your Cedar Crest College DI choices as follows:
- Onsite Track (Allentown, PA/Lehigh Valley Greater Area): #150
- Remote/Distance Track (nationwide with interns selecting locations/sites): #149
NOTE: You may apply to both tracks