Overview of the Dietetic Internship Program
Established in 2010, Cedar Crest College's highly competitive, community-focused dietetic internship program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND). Graduates of the program will earn a verification statement demonstrating that they have met the competencies established by ACEND. The program's comprehensive curriculum will prepare graduates for entry-level practice as a registered dietitian.
- Enrolls 30 interns annually
- Provides onsite and distance interns identical education curriculum
- Offers an Onsite and Distance Track option
- Provides identical education curriculum to both onsite and distance interns
- Meets the mandatory supervised practice hours to prepare for entry-level practice as outlined by ACEND of The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy)
- Offers two concentration options in community nutrition or diabetes nutrition education
- Provides hands-on orientation with simulated practice experiences (scheduled in August before the Internship begins)
- Awards interns 12 or 18 graduate credits which are fully transferable into one of the Cedar Crest College’s ONLINE graduate programs:
- After successful completion of the Dietetic Internship, interns will be eligible to sit for the Commission on Dietetic Registration’s (CDR) RD exam* and a passing score enables credentialing as a registered dietitian-nutritionist. See How to Become an RDN.
The Cedar Crest College Dietetic Internship Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. ACEND is the specialized accrediting agency for education programs preparing students for careers as registered dietitian nutritionists. ACEND protects students and the public by assuring the quality and continued improvement of dietetics programs as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
The contact information for ACEND is:
Mail: 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2190, Chicago, IL 60606-6995
Phone: 800/877-1600 ext. 5400