Reading Specialist Certification Program
This program is offered entirely online.
To enroll in the Reading Specialist certification program at Cedar Crest College, you are required to be certified to teach, regardless of whether or not you are currently employed as a teacher. The Reading Specialist certification program is a 24 to 33 credit graduate-level program approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Enrolling in the Reading Specialist certification program at Cedar Crest means top professors in the literacy field will prepare you to be a literacy leader and develop expertise in the reading strategies so you can provide support to all students in K-12 classrooms.
The Cedar Crest program is also one of the few in the region that provides the opportunity to be trained to work with students and support your colleagues as a literacy coach.
While the program prepares you to be a Reading Specialist, the benefits of this certification do not end there. After receiving your Reading Specialist certification here at Cedar Crest, you can apply those credits to the Art of Teaching Master of Education degree.
Other key features of the program include:
- Courses are fully online (with the exception of practicum experiences).
- Flexible practicum experiences, including summer opportunities
- Courses are eligible for Act-48 credit
- Competitive pricing and convenient payment options
- Discounted tuition rate for teachers currently working in local school districts