Enhanced Student Teaching Opportunities
As a prospective teacher studying at Cedar Crest College, you will begin your field experiences in local public schools in the second semester of your first year, and complete 4 field experiences prior to student teaching in the fall or spring semester of the senior year.
These pre-student teaching field experiences provide you with the opportunity to practice teaching and classroom management strategies in real classrooms and build a high level of self-confidence prior to student teaching.
As an education major at Cedar Crest, you will:
- Complete 4 field experiences prior to student teaching—beginning your 2nd semester here.
- Complete 2 student teaching experiences during your senior year.
Explore numerous opportunities to participate in classrooms or other group activities with students.
- Experience both suburban and urban school settings to give breadth to your experience base.
- Receive feedback and mentoring on a weekly basis from your faculty supervisor as you complete your 2 student teaching placements.
- Benefit from the assistance and guidance of faculty members as you search for your first professional position.
- Benefit from the strong partnerships between Cedar Crest and local school districts, enhancing your marketability.