The psychology major at Cedar Crest College is designed to provide essential knowledge and skills related to the scientific study of human and animal behavior, thoughts, and emotions. In keeping with Cedar Crest’s liberal arts tradition, the psychology major emphasizes:
- Developing critical thinking ability
- Enhancing communication skills
- Improving awareness of ethical and global issues
- Developing students' personal value systems
What Makes Our Curriculum Special
Here, you will receive high-quality instruction in all of the essential areas of psychology, but what sets our program apart is that you will also experience a wide range of subfields, providing you with a complete and well-rounded background in the field of psychology.
Our goal is for our students to graduate with the knowledge and experiences necessary to make educated and informed decisions about their future career and educational goals.
As an undergraduate psychology major at Cedar Crest, you will:
- Work one-on-one with our experienced faculty members, each specializing in a different area within psychology
- Learn foundational theories and methodology of the field, including the value of experiments, observations and surveys
- Receive professional feedback from faculty, enabling you to perform at the highest level
- Participate in a number of independent and group research projects
- Have the opportunity to receive research training in state-of-the-art laboratories
- Have the opportunity to present your research findings to large audiences at local and regional conferences held each year
- Develop a variety of complementary skills in areas such as oral and written communication, critical thinking, and leadership through class presentations and research projects
- Be encouraged to integrate psychology with other disciplines by adding another major, minor or concentration (Common areas include education, criminal justice, communication, business, pre-medicine, pre-law, dance and art.)
Psychology Major Advising Sheet (PDF)
NOTE: You can print out a copy of this sheet to fill out by hand, or save it to your computer and fill out electronically.
Psychology Department Undergraduate Handbook (PDF)
Learn More: 4+1 MBA