The FALCONERS Program at Cedar Crest College (also known as ACT 101)
Welcome to The FALCONERS Program!
What is The FALCONERS Program?
This is an ACT 101 program that provides enhanced academic and financial support for Pennsylvania students who qualify. The ACT 101 program is sponsored the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) and has been offered through Cedar Crest College for many years at no extra cost to students.
The FALCONERS Mission Statement:
This program combines the holistic support embodied within the culture of Cedar Crest College and helps students learn an applicable skillset needed to achieve success in higher education and beyond.
How do students participating in The FALCONERS Program benefit?
- Individual academic support and mentoring
- Additional peer tutoring and writing support as needed
- Access to lending library materials, including textbooks and TEAS prep materials
- Individual assistance with navigating college systems
- Use of graduate prep materials, such as GRE, LSAT, MCAT, and many others.
- “ACT 101 has definitely taken a lot of stress off me as well as my mom. It’s not often you have someone who’s willing to support you financially but emotionally and mentally as well. I like how we have the opportunity to meet with the ACT 101 Advisor and figure out what works best for us (meaning each individual student).” – Quadira McPherson, Junior
- “It's meant stability in my ability to receive aid I would have not been able to excel in college without.” – Carley Roberts, Junior
- “The ACT program as provided me with materials and sources that I needed and took out the stress factor that came with them. It has also encouraged me to be a better student and motivates me to strive to be the best student I could possibly be.” – Anonymous, Sophomore
For more information, contact us at 610-606-4628, firstname.lastname@example.org or in the Student Success Center in Cressman Library.