International Student Services
Welcome International Students!
For Prospective and New Students
If you would like to apply to Cedar Crest College, please visit the home page for International Admissions.
For Current International Students
Cedar Crest College is committed to providing our international students with the support services to ensure each student’s success. Academic Services works with international students, faculty and staff, community members, US federal officials, and a variety of government agencies.
While studying in the United States, it is important to maintain your F student status. The staff of Academic Services can assist you and answer any questions you may have.
For immigration matters, current students should contact Academic Services at 610-606-4628, email@example.com or in the International Student Services in Allen House. If you are a new or prospective student, please contact the Admissions Office.
All Important Immigration-related Information
International Student Support Program (ISSP)
We understand that studying in another country is exciting, and it also can be a time of change, adjustment, and stress. Here at Cedar Crest College we want make sure your study abroad is a positive and growing experience. That is why we are offering the International Student Support Program (ISSP) to support you while studying in the United States.
Brought to you by Morneau Shepell and Cedar Crest College, the ISSP is free to use and your information is kept private. You have unlimited access to articles, tools, resources, and International Student Support Advisors that can help you succeed during your study at Cedar Crest.
You may call or chat an International Student Support Advisor at any time (24/7) to receive support at that time or choose to schedule an appointment in the future. You can connect with an advisor who speaks your language and understands your culture, including the challenges you face when studying in another country. International Student Support Advisors are available to provide support and guidance on many matters, including:
- Stress, frustration, concern, or uncertainty about any aspect life
- Difficulty adjusting to Cedar Crest culture or life in another country
- Worries about upcoming exams or disappointment with academic performance
- Anxiety about a public speaking assignment
- Procrastination and building time management skills
- Tensions with family members, friends, or roommates
- Loneliness or homesickness
- Concerns about post-graduation plans
- Much more!
There are many ways to access 24/7 support:
Download the free My SSP app from your device’s app store (available on Apple and Android devices) to call or chat an advisor, access articles, tools, and resources to help you succeed.
Visit the website: us.myissp.com to chat an advisor, access articles, tools, and resources to help you succeed
Dial: 1.866.743.7732 to speak with an advisor over the phone. If calling from outside of North America, please dial 001.416.380.6578
Check out the ISSP today!
This program is confidential within the limits of the law. No one will know you have reached out unless you choose to tell them.
English as a Second Language & Cultural Support
Professional academic and cultural support is available for any student who:
- speaks English as a second language
- is bilingual or multilingual
- is an international student or has a permanent residency in the US
- has attended school outside the United States prior to attending college even if English is your first language and even if you are a citizen of the US
- would like cultural support regarding American cultural traditions or the American system of higher education
Make an appointment to work on writing assignments, study skills, advising, or any other issues that affect your ability to be successful in college. All of our services are free of charge.
For more information, contact us at 610-606-4628, firstname.lastname@example.org or in the Student Success Center in Cressman Library.