The Decade Challenge: May 2 – May 4
Come together with your class to create extraordinary experiences through the Cedar Crest Fund! Your class will compete against the other classes from your decade to reach one of two challenge goals:
- The highest dollar amount raised
- The highest percentage raised toward your individual class dollar goal
The winning classes receive bragging rights—and will be included on an engraved brick paver on the Cedar Crest campus.
How does it work?
On May 2nd, the Decade Challenge campaign will go LIVE. You can make your gift and see the campaign progress in real time. You can choose to make your gift anonymously or have your name listed as a donor on the website.
Want to get your classmates involved? Encourage your classmates to participate by becoming a social media “advocate” for your class directly through the campaign page. It’s easy to post the campaign to your personal social media sites and tag your friends and classmates to encourage their participation. Your personal “advocate link” will allow you to follow how many dollars were donated because of your influence and help keep the momentum moving throughout your class. In addition, you have the option of challenging your classmates to make gifts that you will personally match through the site.
How was our individual class goal established? Goals for each class were established using the following rubric:
- Classes of 1960-1969: Each class was assigned an equal goal of $250.
- Classes of 1970-2010: If your class contributed more than $500 during last year’s April or May Challenge, we added 5% to that total as your goal for 2018. If your class contributed less than $500, you were assigned a minimum goal this year of $500.
- Classes of 2011-2017: Each class was assigned an equal goal of $250.
I do not like to make my gift online? Can I still participate? Yes! Give us a call at 1-888-902-3327 and we will manually log your gift so that your participation will be counted in the results.
Ready to get started?
Select your decade above. You will leave this page and be transported to your campaign, where you can see progress in real time, be an advocate, and make your gift!