First Year Admissions
Admissions Requirements for Traditional Undergraduate Students
- Complete a free application:
- A required personal essay (minimum of 3 paragraphs)
- Original score reports of one of the following to demonstrate proficiency in the English language:
- Score of 59 overall on Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Combined score of 5.5 on International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Duolingo English Test
- Score of 2 or 3 on ELS exam with English Language Centers
- Pearson (PTEA) Language Proficiency Test
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- American College Testing (ACT)
- TOEFL, IELTS Duolingo or PTEA test must have been taken within the past two years.
- Demonstration of English proficiency will be waived on a case-by-case basis for those students residing in a country where English is a recognized language, or where an official school curriculum is taught primarily in English.
- Official transcripts (academic records) from your high school (secondary school)
- While scanned copies of original documents will be accepted for admissions purposes, international students are required to submit original copies of transcripts to the office of admissions as soon as possible. If official documents are not received by the College by the first day of classes, a hold may be placed on your account.
- If documents are not in English, the original document must be accompanied by a certified, literal English translation.
- Students whose curriculum includes external examinations should submit an official record of their results. Verification of these results may also be requested at the discretion of Cedar Crest College.
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or academic counselor in English or accompanied by a certified English translation
- Copy of passport from home country and current U.S. visa (if applicable)
Traditional international students are eligible for Cedar Crest College scholarships. Find out more about traditional student scholarships.
Traditional International Students can also apply for our International Diversity Scholarship. Find out more about the International Diversity Scholarship.
Cedar Crest College is a proud participant in the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship program. Learn more about the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship.
First-Year International Student Scholarships