Security in the Residence Halls
IMPORTANT CAMPUS SAFETY TIPS:
- Always lock your room door—even if you are just down the hall.
- Do not let anyone you do not recognize into the residence hall.
- Escort your guests at all times.
- If you keep valuables in your room, keep them locked up.
- Never, under any circumstance, give your room key or student ID to anyone.
- When studying on campus, always keep your belongings within view.
- Always tell a friend or roommate where you are going—you don’t want people to worry about you unnecessarily.
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Avoid walking alone at night. Opt to walk with a group of friends or call Campus Police for an escort.
- Walk in well-lit areas.
- Report anything suspicious to Campus Police immediately.
- Know where the emergency call boxes are located on campus. There are 15 of them throughout campus.
- Remember: alcohol and/or drugs are involved in 90% of campus crimes.
- Cedar Crest Campus Police is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; there is always someone on-hand to help.
To Contact the Campus Police
ON CAMPUS: DIAL "0" FROM ANY CAMPUS PHONE
OFF CAMPUS: DIAL (610) 437-4471
SAVE IT INTO YOUR CELL PHONE!