In order to be considered for admission into a scholarship, applicants must have completed their application file by the deadline for start at a following summer residency. No additional scholarship form is necessary.
- A completed graduate application form.
- A portfolio of creative writing that consists of approximately 10 pages for poetry or 25 pages for either fiction or creative nonfiction. (If applying to multiple genres, submit a separate portfolio for each.) Send portfolio to email@example.com.
5 Tips to Assemble a Quality Portfolio »
- An essay on your reasons for applying to the MFA program, your expectations for the program, and your goals as a writer. (The essay should be one page, typewritten, and single spaced.) Send essay to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two letters of recommendation, either academic or professional, that addresses your ability to succeed in graduate writing study. Recommendation Form
- A $50 application fee. (If applying to multiple genres, a separate $50 fee must be submitted for each genre to which you are applying.)
- Current resume. Please include creative writing awards, list all publications, prizes, honors and grants related to your writing. Also include any writing workshops, conferences and other non-credit courses attended. Send resume to email@example.com.
- Official academic transcripts from institutions where you have completed coursework. (A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in creative writing is required.)
Please send all official transcripts/evaluations to:
School of Adult and Graduate Education Admissions Office
Cedar Crest College
100 College Drive
Allentown, PA 18104
If previous coursework was completed outside of the United States, students should have their academic degree validated as equivalent to a degree in the United States through a non-profit agency, such as:
World Education Services
PO Box #745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10011
Please note: A $250 non-refundable deposit will be required for all admitted students to save one’s place in the program.