Mission, Goals & Objectives
To teach and continually emphasize forensic science foundational principles
in all aspects of instruction to help produce a future generation of competent,
credible and ethical forensic scientists.
Goals & objectives for program students
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Forensic Science, students will:
- Have the necessary theoretical and practical background in all the primary
areas of criminalistics for a career in forensic science. These topics include
crime scene reconstruction, pattern analysis, microscopy, forensic molecular
biology and forensic chemistry and toxicology.
- Demonstrate proficiency in laboratory
skills necessary for a career in Criminalistics.
- Demonstrate the ability to
analyze and interpret scientific data.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide proper
scientific expert witness courtroom testimony.
- Demonstrate professional conduct
and the personal characteristics expected of professionals in the Forensic
- Demonstrate the ability to be research scientists.
- Demonstrate proficiency
in oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current policy, legal, and ethical guidelines for professional forensic science practice