Cedar Crest College is a proud participant in the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship program
What is the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship program?
For Fall 2020, Cedar Crest College will offer two annual, renewable scholarships that cover a minimum of 50 percent tuition to selected international undergraduate students dedicated to furthering the #YouAreWelcomeHere message at Cedar Crest College.
Who can apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship?
First-year traditional undergraduate international students who have applied to Cedar Crest College can apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship. All traditional undergraduate academic majors and fields of study are welcome to apply.
How much tuition does it cover?
#YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship covers a minimum of 50% tuition and can be renewed on an annual basis.
How do I know if I’m eligible for this scholarship?
There are a few eligibility requirements:
- You are a first-year traditional undergraduate international applicant to Cedar Crest College. An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- You demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
- Applicants must complete the YAWH scholarship application and a 500-1,000 word essay or a 2-5 minute video answering the following prompt: “Tell us about your leadership skills in your school or community, and how you plan to continue applying your leadership skills at the school you are applying to?”
A link to the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship application can be found here.
How can I apply for this scholarship at Cedar Crest College?
Required steps to apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship include:
- Apply for admission to Cedar Crest College and submit all required application materials.
- Complete a scholarship application, including a 500-1,000 word essay or a 2-5 minute video answering the following prompt: “Tell us about your leadership skills in your school or community, and how you plan to continue applying your leadership skills at the school you are applying to?”
- The completed scholarship application should be sent directly to Cedar Crest College Admissions (firstname.lastname@example.org). A link to the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship application can be found here.
When do I need to apply by?
All application materials must be submitted by January 15, 2020. We will notify the scholarship recipients early in 2020 and you must be officially enrolled at Cedar Crest College, and submit your tuition deposit, by May 1, 2020.
More information about the #YouAreWelcomeHere Campaign can be found here.