Cedar Crest College is a proud participant in the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship program
What is the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship program?
For Fall 2023, Cedar Crest College will offer two annual, renewable scholarships that cover a minimum of 50 percent tuition (including merit and institutional funding) to selected international undergraduate students dedicated to furthering the #YouAreWelcomeHere message at Cedar Crest College.
Who can apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship?
First-year traditional undergraduate international students who have applied to Cedar Crest College can apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship. All traditional undergraduate academic majors and fields of study are welcome to apply.
How much tuition does it cover?
#YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship covers a minimum of 50% tuition and can be renewed on an annual basis.
How do I know if I’m eligible for this scholarship?
There are a few eligibility requirements:
- You are a first-year traditional undergraduate international applicant to Cedar Crest College. An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- You demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
- Applicants must complete the YAWH scholarship application and a 500-1,000 word essay or a 2-5 minute video answering the following prompt: “Tell us about your leadership skills in your school or community, and how you plan to continue applying your leadership skills at the school you are applying to?”
A link to the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship application can be found here.
How can I apply for this scholarship at Cedar Crest College?
Required steps to apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship include:
- Apply for admission to Cedar Crest College and submit all required application materials.
- Complete a scholarship application, including a 500-1,000 word essay or a 2-5 minute video answering the following prompt: “Tell us about your leadership skills in your school or community, and how you plan to continue applying your leadership skills at the school you are applying to?”
- The completed scholarship application should be sent directly to Cedar Crest College International Student Services (Internationalservices@cedarcrest.edu). A link to the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship application can be found here.
When do I need to apply by?
All application materials must be submitted by January 15, 2023. We will notify the scholarship recipientsby February 1st , 2023. To secure the #youarewelcomeherescholarship, recipients should submit a tuition deposit and officially enroll for the fall 2023 semester.
More information about the #YouAreWelcomeHere Campaign can be found here.
Jonathan A. Summers, MBA
Director of International Student Services
Student Success and Engagement
100 College Drive
Allentown, PA 18104-6196