Skip To Content

Student Accessibility Services

Welcome to Student Accessibility Services

Cedar Crest College is committed to ensuring students with disabilities are welcomed as a part of our diverse community and that they have equal access to participate in all programs and services offered by the College.  The process of requesting and being approved for accommodations is an interactive one and requires student involvement.  Students who intend to request accommodations will need to:

“Self-identify” in order to receive services, by first meeting with the Director of Student Accessibility Services.  During this meeting the student will: discuss a diagnosed condition, the functional limitations the student experiences as a result of this condition, and requests for accommodations (academic, residential and/or dining).

Provide supporting documentation of their condition, which assists in further identifying accommodations that are reasonable and appropriate.  Students are not required to bring documentation to the initial meeting; however, should the student already have documentation (such as school system Evaluation Reports, Re-evaluation Reports, IEP or 504 plans, etc.), it may be provided at that time.  Documentation guidelines will be discussed and provided during the initial meeting.

Once a student is approved for accommodations, the Director works closely with the student, the student’s instructors, and other departments (Residence Life/Housing, Dining Services etc.) to coordinate provision of accommodations.   Please note that we consider the provision of accommodations to be a “fluid” process: a student’s condition may change, a student may be diagnosed with an additional condition, an accommodation may not be effective, etc.  Therefore, it is important the student work closely and communicate in a timely manner with the Director for any necessary adjustments throughout their time at Cedar Crest. 

Suggested Timeline for Accommodation Requests

Although accommodations may be requested at any time, it is advisable for incoming first year and transfer students to request accommodations several months in advance of the beginning of their first semester. For example, students entering in the fall semester should request accommodations in late spring or early summer. Prompt requests will provide adequate time to ensure reasonable and appropriate accommodations are in place for the student prior to the start of classes.


If you are interested in making an appointment please call or email 610-606-4628 or . Please call or email if:

  • you require accommodations in order to attend/complete an initial meeting;
  • a traditional “in-person” appointment cannot meet your needs;
  • you require an appointment outside our normal office hours; or
  • you have any questions

Students with Chronic Physical or Mental Health Conditions

Your health is important! Health Services at Cedar Crest offers short term care for routine illness as well as short term counseling for students dealing with unexpected challenges in their lives. If you have a chronic physical or mental health condition for which you receive regularly scheduled long term care (medical appointments or treatment, therapy etc.), please make certain that you arrange for the same level of care, locally, while you are at Cedar Crest College. This may help you maintain your health and prevent “flare-ups” of your condition. Remember: throughout the years you attend college, you’ll be on campus more than you’ll be home!

Currently Enrolled Students with Acute Injuries

Although we typically serve students with permanent conditions/disabilities (over 6 months), we also provide accommodations to students with temporary conditions as the need arises. Currently enrolled students with acute injuries (such as concussions, broken bones etc.) who are in need of accommodations should contact Student Success and Engagement (610-606-4628) immediately.

Returning Students with Previously Approved Accommodations

Students with approved accommodations who have graduated, taken a leave of absence, or exited the College for any reason, will be placed in “Inactive” status. Such students must email or call Student Accessibility Services (; 610-606-4628) to notify the office that they intend to re-enroll. Students should provide at least one week’s notice in order for staff to place them in “Active” status and generate Accommodation Letters.