Applying for Housing
All Cedar Crest College students are eligible to apply to live on campus. In order to secure housing, all students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a fully admitted, deposited, Cedar Crest College student
- Must complete a housing application to formally apply for housing in order to select and receive a housing assignment
- Must be registered for twelve (12) or more credits for the semester (Fall/Spring)
- Must be financially cleared by Student Financial Services (tuition bill must be up-to-date, financial aid and loans must be processed and applied to student account, etc.)
All traditional undergraduate students are expected to live in on-campus in the residence halls if they are enrolled as a full-time student. Students can only be exempt from residency requirements and eligible for commuter status if they meet the following criteria:
- Live within 40 miles of the College and reside with their parent(s), legal guardian, or spouse
- Have achieved senior student status
- Have completed six semesters of college work elsewhere as a full-time student in good standing
- Are designated as “independent” for financial aid purposes
- Have a disability which prevents or prohibits such an individual from residing on campus.
Applying for Housing
Once you have been fully admitted as a student to Cedar Crest, students are able to apply for housing online via their MyCedarCrest account (link to MyCedarCrest).
The application can be found under the “Student Affairs” tab along the top, and then clicking on the “Residence Life” link under that page. Once on the page, you will see instructions for how to apply and submit a housing application online via eRezLife, software used by our office for housing assignments. Please note: the housing application is only accessible once you have been given your official Cedar Crest login information. Without this information, you will not be able to access the application.
Must be cleared by Health Services by submitting and uploading all medical documentation to the student’s Medicat portal.
Each spring semester, current resident students participate in Room Selection to select their rooms for the upcoming academic year. During housing selection, students are placed into a lottery by class year, based upon credits earned through the most recently completed semester.
On selection day, students will have the opportunity to select which building and room they would like to live in. Also during selection day, they can identify who they want to live with as their roommate(s).
More detailed information about housing selection will be sent via email to the residents ahead of housing selection. If a student is not available during their housing selection lottery date/time, they should contact the Office of Housing & Residence Life to discuss their options.
During housing selection, returning residents can sign up to live with a roommate. Residents who do not have a roommate in mind may be placed with another resident student who also does not have a roommate. Roommates will be matched according to the preferences in their housing application.
For more information about the Housing Selection process, please contact the Office of Housing & Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 610-606-4603.